This marinara sauce recipe is very easy to make and the only red sauce my 5-year-old daughter will eat! Serve with your favorite pasta.
- (14.5 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes : 2 cans
- (6 ounce) can tomato paste : 1 can
- chopped fresh parsley : 4 Tbsp
- garlic, minced : 1 clove
- dried oregano : 1 tsp
- salt : 1 tsp
- ground black pepper : 0.25 tsp
- olive oil : 6 Tbsp
- finely diced onion : 0.33333 cup
- white wine : 0.5 cup
Stages of cooking
Place tomatoes, tomato paste, parsley, garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper in a food processor; blend until smooth.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and cook until slightly softened, about 2 minutes. Stir in blended tomato sauce and white wine.
Simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 30 minutes. Dotdash Meredith Food Studios