Summer is the season of vacations and picnics. We have already discussed the topic concerning the best dishes to be cooked for a picnic. But what about the long travels and vacations? What dishes and products is it better to take along when you are planning a trip for a long destination? How is it better to store the products to make your vacations full of pleasant memories? Let’s agree, safe and memorable traveling experience feels us with energy and pleasant emotions for the whole year and that is exactly why we decide what products are worth being taken along when going on a vacation.
When going somewhere, you have to think about the time you will spend on transport. If your trip will not last longer than a few hours, then sandwiches, pate, vegetables, fruit and juice (water) will be enough. If you are going to travel for several days or even weeks, then you should take care of the food in advance! These are the most essential recommendations for you to keep in mind:
1. Your food should not take much place, unless… you travel by car, of course. All those lunch boxes, food containers and other boxes with your favorite dishes will hardly be convenient and easy to carry along, wash and take them back home. Instead, it makes sense to choose disposable vacuum packs with ready-made (cut) cheese, sausage, bacon and what not. This is an ideal option that won’t let you down. Just make sure the food you buy is fresh. That is a definitely a must!
2. The food you take along when traveling somewhere should not be quick spoiling. Avoid all those dishes and products, which spoil very quickly, such as dairy products, versatile sauces, sandwiches with mayonnaise etc.
3. Make sure the food does not have a distinct scent. In just a few hours spent in a stuffy train or a bus, this scent will fill the air mixing with suchlike scents of other travelers’ products. This is hardly what you are dreaming about!
Speaking about the best samples of products and dishes you can take when traveling somewhere, the list will include:
• Vegetables and fruit – what can be better? You don’t have to cook them and they will hardly spoil too quickly during the trip. Just make sure you wash them before the journey and keep them in a separate package. By the way, vegetable and fruit chips will be an ideal choice as well!
• Healthy snacks, such as nuts, dried fruit, muesli etc.
• Sliced and vacuumed uncooked smoked sausage and cheese
• Canned fruit or vegetable puree for your kids
• Instant cereals for you and your kids
• Boiled eggs
• Water, which cannot replace juices or any other drinks. You always need to have it at hand.
These recommendations may seem quite simple and understanding at first glance, but they will really help you get ready for your trip in the best way possible!