Burst cherry tomatoes, capers, and a flash under the broiler transform an ordinary block of feta into a surprisingly addictive and flavorful spread. It’s meant to serve four as a starter, but with a crusty baguette and a bottle of chilled rosé, actually it’s the perfect summer supper for two.
- feta cheese : 1 block (8 ounce)
- extra virgin olive oil : 2 Tbsp
- garlic : 2 clove (roughly chopped)
- cherry tomatoes : 10.5 oz. (preferably different colors, halved)
- salt : 0.25 tsp
- pepper : 0.15 tsp
- sugar : 1 pinch
- capers : 1.5 Tbsp (drained)
Stages of cooking
Begin by sautéing the garlic in olive oil until golden.
Add the tomatoes and cook until they start to burst.
Stir in the capers.
Place the block of feta in a small baking dish and scatter the tomatoes around the cheese.
Broil until the feta is softened and browned on top, about 4 minutes. Serve with a crusty baguette or pita bread and enjoy!