History of the Caesar Salad Supreme:
The Caesar Salad's origin is an interesting story that has been passed down through generations. Legend has it that the salad was first created in the 1920s by Caesar Cardini, an Italian-American restaurateur who owned a restaurant in Tijuana, Mexico. Caesar created the salad on a busy evening when running out of supplies and threw together the remaining ingredients he had in his kitchen.
The recipe was so popular that it quickly became a classic, and today, it remains a favorite salad for millions of people worldwide. The Caesar Salad Supreme takes the classic Caesar salad recipe up a notch, adding a rich, anchovy dressing and crispy, seasoned bread cubes.
Tips and Tricks for Caesar Salad Supreme Recipe:
- Use fresh and crisp lettuce as the foundation of the salad.
- Use the best quality ingredients, especially for the anchovy fillets and Parmesan cheese, as they will provide the flavor to the dressing.
- Emulsify the salad dressing thoroughly to ensure that it is well-combined and has a smooth consistency.
- Season the croutons well to add texture and extra flavor to the dish.
- Do not overload the salad with dressing, as it will end up soggy.
Tips for presenting the dish:
- Serve the Caesar Salad Supreme in a large, shallow salad bowl to show off the ingredients.
- Garnish the salad with additional Parmesan cheese and croutons.
- Add a grilled chicken or shrimp for extra protein and flavor.
- Serve the salad with warm, crusty bread for a more filling meal.