If you have never heard anything of elephant yam chips, it’s no wonder! This is because the dish is popular in India and involves such an unusual ingredient as elephant foot yam. It is generally served with rice, coffee or tea. Learn the recipe right now to see what makes the dish so unique!
- Elephant foot yam : 0.5 piece
- tamarind : 1 piece (around one inch)
- turmeric powder : 0.5 Tbsp
- chili powder : 0.5 Tbsp
- purified oil : 2 cup (for deep fry)
- salt : 1 pinch (to your taste)
- water : 1 Tbsp (or as much as needed)
Stages of cooking
Take elephant foot yam and cut the black skin. Wash and slice it then.
Take a bowl and mix tamarind, turmeric powder and salt in it. Then add sliced elephant foot yam and leave it in the bowl for about 15 minutes. Drain the water afterwards.
Add oil to the frying pan and deep fry the elephant foot yam slices until they become golden brown.
Sprinkle them with salt and red chili powder. Serve hot with tea, coffee or rice. Bon appétit!