This Greek pasta salad recipe makes a great summer salad.
- penne pasta : 2 cups
- extra-virgin olive oil : 0.66667 cup
- red wine vinegar : 0.25 cup
- garlic, crushed : 2 clove
- lemon juice : 1 Tbsp
- dried oregano : 2 tsp
- salt and pepper to taste : 0 piece
- cherry tomatoes, halved : 10 piece
- green bell pepper, chopped : 1 piece
- red bell pepper, chopped : 1 piece
- red onion, chopped : 1 small
- cucumber, sliced : 0.5 piece
- sliced black olives : 0.5 cup
- crumbled feta cheese : 0.5 cup
Stages of cooking
Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil. Stir in penne and return to a boil. Cook pasta uncovered, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 10 minutes; rinse with cold water and drain well.
Whisk olive oil, vinegar, garlic, lemon juice, oregano, salt, and pepper together in a bowl; set aside.
Combine pasta, tomatoes, green and red peppers, onion, cucumber, olives, and feta cheese in a large bowl. Pour vinaigrette over the pasta mixture and mix well. Cover and chill for 3 hours before serving.