This homemade banana pudding recipe from scratch was handed down from my grandmother. My whole family loves it and we all grew up on it. Hope you enjoy it!
- white sugar : 0.66667 cup
- all-purpose flour : 0.33333 cup
- salt : 0.25 tsp
- eggs, beaten : 3 piece
- milk : 2 cups
- butter, softened : 2 Tbsp
- vanilla extract : 0.5 tsp
- bananas, peeled and sliced : 2 piece
- (12 ounce) package vanilla wafer cookies : 0.5 pack
Stages of cooking
Combine sugar, flour, and salt together in a medium saucepan. Add eggs and stir well. Stir in milk, and cook over low heat, stirring constantly.
When the mixture has thickened enough to coat the back of a metal spoon, remove from heat and continue to stir, cooling slightly. Stir in butter and vanilla until smooth.
Layer pudding with bananas and vanilla wafers in a serving dish. Chill at least 1 hour in the refrigerator before serving.