Tender beef strips are quickly stir-fried with crisp and colorful vegetables to make this delicious restaurant-style dinner in your own kitchen.
- boneless beef sirloin or beef top round steaks (3/4" thick) : 2 pound
- cornstarch : 3 Tbsp
- (10.5 ounce) can Campbell's® Condensed Beef Broth : 1 can
- soy sauce : 0.5 cup
- sugar : 2 Tbsp
- vegetable oil : 2 Tbsp
- sliced shiitake mushrooms : 4 cups
- Chinese cabbage (bok choy), thinly sliced : 1 head
- red peppers, cut into 2"-long strips : 2 medium
- celery, sliced : 3 stalks
- green onions, cut into 2" pieces : 2 medium
- Hot cooked regular long-grain white rice : 0 piece
Stages of cooking
Slice beef into very thin strips.
Mix cornstarch, broth, soy and sugar until smooth. Set aside.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in saucepot or wok over high heat. Add beef in 2 batches and stir-fry until browned. Set beef aside.
Add 1 tablespoon oil. Add the mushrooms, cabbage, peppers, celery and green onions in 2 batches and stir-fry over medium heat until tender-crisp. Set vegetables aside.
Stir cornstarch mixture and add. Cook until mixture boils and thickens, stirring constantly. Return beef and vegetables to saucepot and heat through. Serve over rice.