This easy cucumber, onion, and tomato salad is perfect for a warm summer day.
- water : 1 cup
- distilled white vinegar : 0.5 cup
- vegetable oil : 0.25 cup
- sugar : 0.25 cup
- salt, or to taste : 1 tsp
- freshly ground black pepper, or to taste : 1 tsp
- cucumbers, peeled and sliced 1/4-inch thick : 3 piece
- tomatoes, cut into wedges : 3 piece
- onion, sliced and separated into rings : 1 piece
Stages of cooking
Whisk water, vinegar, oil, sugar, salt, and pepper together in a large bowl until smooth; add cucumbers, tomatoes, and onion and stir to coat.
Cover bowl with plastic wrap; refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Dotdash Meredith Food Studios