CategoryHot dishes Hot vegetable dish Other vegetables Stuffing recipes Appetizers Snacks Baking recipes Healthy Bread Recipes
Onion samosa is another great choice for those who are looking for quick and easy appetizer recipes to serve as an additional dish during your family mealtime. It is pretty nourishing and very tasty, so your family will most definitely love this dish as soon as they give it a try. Onion samosa is an Indian meal that has long become an inseparable part of other nations’ cuisine. That’s because this dish is not just good for your health, but also very easy to cook as it takes only 15 minutes for the cooking process to be complete. Samosa with onions is best served while it is still warm, but we assure you that it will not lose its flavor when it cools a bit. So enjoy!
- onion : 3 piece (sliced, for the filling)
- carrots : 1 piece (chopped, for the filling)
- garlic : 1 clove (mashed, for the filling)
- green chili pepper : 0.5 Tbsp (finely chopped, for the filling)
- turmeric powder : 0.25 tsp (for the filling)
- chili powder : 0.5 Tbsp (for the filling)
- dry mango powder : 0.5 Tbsp (for the filling)
- garam masala : 0.5 tsp (for the filling)
- salt : 1 tsp (or to your taste, for the dough and the filling)
- oil : 3 Tbsp (for the filling and the dough)
- tomato sauce : 100 ml
- maida : 1 cup (for the dough)
- carom seeds : 0.5 Tbsp (for the dough)
- sugar : 1 pinch (for the dough)
- water : 1 Tbsp (or as much as needed for the dough)
Stages of cooking
Take a deep bowl and mix the ingredients for the dough in it. Knead the dough. It should be soft. As soon as it is ready, cover the bowl and set aside for about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, cook the filling for your samosa. Take a frying pan and heat oil in it. Add sliced onion, salt and sauté until the onion becomes soft. Add garlic, carrot and keep sautéing for about one minute more. Right after that, add green chilli garam masala, turmeric, dry mango powder, red chilli powder and mix the ingredients well. Sauté for a minute or so and set the frying pan aside
Now, divide the dough into the balls of equal size (like that of a lemon). Take each ball, dredge flour upon it and roll into a thin round shape and cut into equal halves. As a result, you should get a semi circle. Take a semi circle and form a cone shape from it. Fill each piece with onion stuffing and firmly stick all the edges with wet fingers.
Heat oil in a frying pan.
Deep fry your onion samosa on medium fire.
Serve hot with tomato or chili sauce. Bon appétit!