Paella is a traditional Spanish dish, which is cooked of many ingredients. The major ingredient of the dish is rice, but you should also use bacon, meat or seafood products to your liking. Don’t forget about the spices as well! They will make your dish more delicious and aromatic!
- sunflower oil : 3 Tbsp (or as much as needed)
- onion : 2 piece (chopped)
- bacon : 150 g (chopped)
- rice : 8 oz. (long-grain)
- saffron : 1 pinch
- squid : 6 oz.
- pimento : 1 piece (chopped)
- green chilies : 4 piece (optional)
- salt : 0.5 tsp (to your taste)
- black pepper : 1 pinch (to your taste)
- chicken breasts : 2 piece (chopped into chunks as you like)
- chicken stock : 2 cup (or as much as needed)
- prawns : 8 oz. (small and cooked)
- parsley : 0.5 bunch (chopped)
Stages of cooking
Add the saffron into the bowl with several tablespoons of hot water to release its the aroma and color. Then heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the bacon with onions on medium fire for several minutes.
Add rice and fry it with bacon and onions until it becomes white.
Add saffron water, chili, squid and pimento. Season with salt and black pepper. Stir the ingredients.
Put the chicken above the rice and pour chicken stock. Simmer on low fire. Add boiling water if required.
As soon as the rice is ready, add the prawns you should purchase or cook in advance. Garnish with chopped parsley and serve your paella warm! Enjoy!