History of the Sweet Walnut Barfi
Barfi is a famous Indian dessert that is loved by people of all ages. The word "barfi" is derived from the Persian word "barf," which means snow. The dessert is called Barfi because of its snow-like texture. Sweet Walnut Barfi is a variation of the traditional Barfi that is flavoured with walnuts and pistachios.
The recipe has been passed down from generation to generation in Indian households. The dessert is typically served during festivals and special occasions, as it is considered a treat.
Tips and Tricks for Sweet Walnut Barfi Recipe
Some tips and tricks to keep in mind while making Sweet Walnut Barfi are:
- Use fresh milk powder for the best taste and texture.
- Grind the pistachios finely to get a smooth texture.
- Use a non-stick pan while making the sugar syrup to avoid burning.
- Keep the heat on low while cooking the sugar syrup to prevent it from burning.
- Stir the walnut-pistachio mixture continuously to avoid lumps and uneven mixture.
Tips for presenting the dish
Sweet Walnut Barfi can be presented in a variety of ways. Here are some tips for presenting the dish:
- Use a decorative tray to serve the Sweet Walnut Barfi.
- Garnish the barfi with chopped pistachios and saffron strands to make it look more appealing.
- Cut the barfi in different shapes like diamond, square or rectangle to make it more attractive.
- You can also serve Sweet Walnut Barfi with a scoop of vanilla ice cream to enhance the taste.