This baked salmon dish takes a total of 20 minutes – 10 minutes to prepare and 10 minutes to cook – yet tastes like something you’d order at a fancy restaurant. Feel free to substitute another type of fish like cod, trout or striped bass, although salmon offsets the pecan panko crust and tangy glaze beautifully.
- dijon mustard : 2 Tbsp
- unsalted butter : 2 Tbsp (melted)
- honey : 1 Tbsp
- salt : 0.75 tsp (divided)
- freshly ground black pepper : 0.25 tsp
- panko : 0.25 cup
- finely chopped pecans : 0.25 cup
- finely chopped parsley : 2 tsp (optional, for color)
- salmon : 4 piece (6-oz)
- lemon : 1 piece (for serving (optional))
Stages of cooking
Begin by combining the mustard, butter, honey, salt, and pepper to make the glaze.
Next, make the topping by mixing together the panko, pecans, and parsley.
Spoon the glaze over the salmon fillets.
Then press the pecan-panko mixture over top.
Bake for 7-10 minutes, or until the salmon flakes when tested with a fork.