Have you ever heard anything of eggs mimosa? This appetizer is not that popular in Europe, but it enjoys popularity in France. The recipe of the dish is quite easy and it does not include many ingredients. Serve this appetizer to your guests and watch their reaction!
- egg : 6 piece (hard boiled)
- artichoke hearts : 0.75 cup (canned, drained and chopped)
- capers : 0.5 tsp (drained)
- green olives : 4 piece (pitted and chopped)
- chives : 1 tsp (minced)
- tarragon : 1 tsp (fresh and chopped, can be replaced/used with parsley)
- mayonnaise : 2 Tbsp (homemade)
- parmesan : 2 Tbsp (grated)
- black pepper : 1 pinch (ground)
- lettuce : 1 piece (for garnish)
Stages of cooking
Boil the eggs, cut them into halves, remove the yolks and put them into a medium-sized bowl. Then put the remaining whites onto a serving dish. To cook the stuffing for the eggs, blend the chopped artichokes, capers, green olives, tarragon, chives and parsley together.
Mash the egg yolk with a fork, add homemade mayonnaise and stir the ingredients together to get a smooth mixture.
Add the blended artichoke mixture, black pepper, salt and grated Parmesan cheese.
Stuff the egg whites with the artichoke tapenade you have just cooked.
Finally, grate the egg yolks over the egg whites. Serve with any side dish or main dish you like. Enjoy!