It is one of the best beverages prepared from ripe mango and yogurt. It is an instant and healthy drink favorite among all generations of people across the world and its an ideal dessert or healthy fruit drink for breakfast. You can make mango lassi by using different varieties of mangoes as each one has its own special aroma and flavor and mixing them with yogurt can bring out many surprises.
- mango : 1 cup (chopped, approx. 1 medium size Ripe Mango)
- curd : 1 cup (Plain Yogurt (Dahi))
- water : 0.25 cup (or Milk)
- sugar : 1.5 Tbsp (or to taste)
- cardamom powder : 1 pinch
- chopped Mixed Dry-fruits : 1 Tbsp (for garnishing, optional)
Stages of cooking
Choose ripe mango. Peel the mango, cut it into halves, remove the stone and cut into small pieces. Take the plain yogurt which is not sour.
Add chopped mango, yogurt and 1/4 cup water in a blender jar.
Blend until smooth and creamy and no chunks of fruit. Add sugar and cardamom powder and check the thickness of lassi. If required, add more water.
Blend it for a minute. Pour it into serving glasses and garnish with chopped dry-fruits.