History of the Pumpkin Curry:
Pumpkin curry is a traditional dish from the Indian subcontinent. The use of pumpkin in curries is very common in Indian cuisine, especially during the autumn season when pumpkins are in abundance. The curry powder used in this recipe is a blend of many different spices that are commonly used in Indian cuisine.
Tips and Tricks for Pumpkin Curry Recipe:
- Use fresh pumpkin for this recipe. Canned pumpkin can be used as well, but fresh pumpkin adds a unique flavor to the curry.
- To make the pumpkin puree, make sure to blend the pumpkin until it's smooth and creamy. The texture of the curry depends on the pumpkin puree, so make sure it's blended properly.
- If you like your curry slightly sweet, you can add a tablespoon of honey or maple syrup to the dish.
- Adjust the spice level according to your liking. If you prefer a milder curry, reduce the amount of chili powder used in the recipe.
Tips for presenting the dish:
- Garnish the curry with fresh parsley, mint or coriander leaves. These herbs add a fresh touch to the dish.
- Serve the curry with steamed rice or naan bread. You can also serve it with a side of yogurt or raita.
- Pumpkin curry looks great in a deep serving dish. You can also use a traditional Indian brass dish for a more authentic feel.